Thursday, July 2, 2015

YOU CAN CALL ME BETSY

I crocheted this really big Betsy Ross style flag.  I started on June 1st and made my deadline July 1st.  I finished right on time.  It measures 80" from left to right and 44" from top to bottom.  It is made up entirely of double crochet, Red Heart Super Saver and an H hook.  The free pattern for the stars came from Moogly Blog.  The most difficult part of the entire project was getting the stars sewn in place.  I used a large plate as my circle template.  I wouldn't be surprised if Betsy used a plate to make her circle too.  I am going to hang it outside.  Happy 4th of July to you all.  Hope you have a blast! :)

S.W.A.K.

Don't forget to visit Frannie at CuteKatyDolls on YouTube!


2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Marsha -- that's fantastic -- I LOVE it!!!!

Sparky said...

this is gorgeous pretty lady...a beautiful patriotic afghan that will always be treasured