Saturday, August 9, 2008

BEAD KNITTED CHANGE PURSE

I LOVE making bead knitted purses. I have an addiction to it. I love the feel of it and I love all the colors beads come in. You can get silver or copper-lined beads, transparent, opaque, rainbow, metallic, high-luster pearl, etc. My favorite beads are the ones that really sparkle! People are always amazed when they see me working on a project like this. I tell them they can do it too. If you can do a simple knit stitch, increase and decrease, you can make a beautiful bead knitted purse. The most difficult part is adjusting to the very thin needles, size 0000, and transferring the beads to the size 8 thread. The purse here is made with size 11, silver-lined seed beads. It is sewn into a silver colored frame with a kiss-lock closure. How about that? Frannie's shoes match the purse. She loves sparkly things too!

S.W.A.K.

3 comments:

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh, this really is lovely. What patience it must take.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh My Gosh -- it's beautiful! How did you learn how to do that? Just shoot me now. My mom loves beaded purses -- that would be a perfect gift for her. Do I need another hobby? No, I do not!

Anyway, I guess I should at least find out how you do that???

You're my idol!

quilterpolly said...

holy cow i love that pink coin purse. I knit but don't think i could do that. I also bead and don't think I can do that but I do love your little pink coin purse if i didn't say it before. I was reading sharon's blog and saw your site. I will come and check back you do beautiful work:)
Polly in Long Beach:)