Wednesday, January 6, 2010

NEEDLES AND PINS

Here's a teacup pincushion I made as one of my Christmas gifts. The cushion part is covered in bits of an old lace curtain. It is surrounded in a bed of ruffled crepe paper and nestled in a teacup. After gluing the cup and saucer together, I embellished the dish with a crepe paper rose, button heart, and beaded strawberry. I also adorned the top of the cushion with some decorated pins. One is a vintage pink button with rhinestones, the second one is a vintage mother-of-pearl button with an initial attached, and the third is simply a pearl-headed pin with an alphabet bead sandwiched between two pink beads and inserted into the handle of a silver-tone teacup charm. There are also a few pearl-headed pins randomly inserted into the lace.

Tea Anyone?

S.W.A.K.

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Very Cute Marsha!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh I love it! Very nice!!

emily said...

I love this! What a great way to use my favorite old chipped teacup and saucer! I could see this as a gift too!