Friday, October 21, 2011

WALK THIS WAY

Someone couldn't wait until Halloween to show off her new shoes. And this is all it took to make them:

A pair of cast off shoes found at our local thrift shop. These had a pretty good shape and a just right heel. They were brown suede, but I wasn't too worried about that. Frannie's not wearing adult shoes just yet, but these were only a size 5-1/2 - Perfect!

These other supplies I already had on hand. Mod Podge (my very favorite tool - next to the glue gun, of course), red glitter, Folk Art Cardinal Red paint, some sparkly crystal-like things, some vintage red sequins (doesn't everyone have some of those laying around the house?), and an old paintbrush. Oh, yes, I almost forgot about the cardboard. From what Frannie tells me, the original ruby slippers had bows made out of cardboard. So, if it's good enough for MGM, then it's good enough for me.

Frannie wanted to make sure you could see the bow detail.

So let's see - shoes from the thrift shop - $5
Supplies from around the house - $0
The look on Frannie's face when she saw the finished ruby slippers - Priceless!


So, are you a good witch or a bad witch?

S.W.A.K.



6 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love them!!!!! I can't wait to see the whole costume! Frannie is going to make the cutesy Dorothy!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh how cute! I hope you'll show us the picture of Frannie all dressed up. And me? I'm a good witch LOL? And you???

Jaluza Scrap said...

Lindo!!
Perfeito.
Abraços do Brasil.

Lisa said...

Beautiful! I especially love the bows

Nancy said...

I love the Wizard of Oz. I may need to do that to a pair of my own shoes. Very clever!

I used to be Gigi Minor - but now I'm Annie Kight said...

Really an amazing transformation! Excellent job : )