Wednesday, November 16, 2011

MAKING WHOOPIE

Yep, that's what I've been up to, making whoopie - well, pumpkin whoopie pies to be exact - pumpkin whoopie pies with a fluffy cream cheese filling. I found this recipe on the Martha Stewart website from guest baker Matt Lewis, of Brooklyn's Baked bakery (they even have a video). Let me tell you, they are the moistest, yummiest, finger lickin' whoopie pies I ever did taste. I wanted mine to be smaller, so I portioned the batter out with a 1-1/2" diameter ice cream scoop and baked exactly 14 minutes. I also changed the filling recipe just a tad - instead of 3 cups of 10x sugar, I used 2 cups and 1 cup of marshmallow fluff. This recipe made approximately 48 (2-3 bite) sandwiches. You know a recipe is really good when a group of 10 year old girl scouts beg for seconds! You can get the recipe here. I'm thinking chocolate and peppermint for Christmas - hope I can find a recipe that is just as moist.

By the way, the teacup and saucer in the photo - that is a vintage thrift store find.

S.W.A.K.

Pin It

2 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

They look delish, Marsha! Not a big pumpkin fan myself but I love chocolate whoopie pies and I have made them using Martha's recipe. YUM! Love the thrift store find. I really need to make time to stop at one and see what treasures I could find!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh Yum! Someone gave me a Williams Sonoma kit for pumpkin whoopie pies and I need to make them. I was thinking I would probably love them and then what would I do without a kit. Now I know Martha's recipe is good -- Thanks for posting!