Sunday, January 18, 2009

HEY, GOOD LOOKIN'

My cousin, John, just sent some photos of my father that I had never seen before. I love this one in particular. If this were in color, you would see that he had blue eyes. That's where I got mine from, and Frannie, hers.

HEY, GOOD LOOKIN'
Hank Williams, Jr.

Hey, hey, good lookin', Whatcha got cookin'?
How's about cookin' somethin' up with me?

Hey, sweet baby, Don't you think maybe
We could find us a brand new recipe?
I got a hot-rod Ford and a two-dollar bill
And I know a spot right over the hill.
There's soda pop and the dancin's free,

So if you wanna have fun come along with me.


Hey, good lookin',
Whatcha got cookin'?
How's about cookin' somethin' up with me?


View complete lyrics here.

S.W.A.K.

6 comments:

Carla said...

I love old photos. Unfortunately I don't have many. Your dad is very good looking.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What a handsome man he was! That's a great photo of your Dad. Enlarge it and put it in a frame. Showoff worthy for sure.

Crafts a la Mode said...

I live in Trumbull so it's good we are close - to know about sales, craft shows, etc etc. :) I also added your blog to my favorites to keep track of your very cute blog!
Linda

Quilter said...

Marsha, your dad was so very handsome. I love the grin! We framed the photo of the four brothers and have it hanging in a place of honor in our house. Tim thinks it was probably taken after Pop Pop's funeral.

Your blog is wonderful - I love Frannie's desk and your angel Christmas ornament collection is so beautiful. Keep on crafting!

MT :)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How handsome!!! What a great photo to have.

Thimbleanna said...

That's a great song for a handsome Dad! And I love Frannie's desk -- I'll bet she loves it too!