Sunday, January 11, 2009

SOCK IT TO ME, BABY!

Okay, maybe I'm dating myself with that expression, and maybe these aren't really socks, they're stockings (although you could call them Christmas socks), but this was only song that came to mind that was even remotely close. And, yes, I know Christmas was several weeks ago, but I just got around the untrimming the tree today and I wanted to show you these stockings before they were put up in the attic until next Christmas. So here goes:

Stocking that was made out of a vintage, unsalvagable quilt, circa 1900. My husband gave this to me years ago. I still have the tag of authenticity on it.

I made this one, some years back. It is pieced and quilted by hand - I even applied the binding by hand - why? I don't know. It's just the way I do most things. Too bad you can't see the quilting in this. I guess the thread matches too well. But, hey, you can get a good look at my quilting stitches on the quilt in the background.

Here's a gem. Hand-knit by my sister, Roxanne. A gift from Christmas 2007. Soft and luxurious!

SOCK IT TO ME, BABY!
Mitch Ryder and The Detroit Wheels

Sock
Oh, I'm so ready
Sock
Come on now, baby
Sock it

Honey in the beehive
Honeybunch, ha
Every time you kiss me
Hits me like a punch
Ready ready, ready, ready, ready
Ready or not
I want, yes I do, what you got
Sock it to me baby, baby
Sock it to me baby, baby
(Gotta) Sock it to me baby
Sock it to me, baby
Sock it to me, baby
Sock it

(Listen and View Complete Lyrics Here)


ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER

S.W.A.K.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Those are very pretty stockings. I always forget to get photos and they are all packed. Next year. :)

Kritta22 said...

You get three stockings? Does Santa fill them all??

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Those are great! Love them.

Jen

roseylittlethings said...

love the knitted stocking your sister made, sooooo pretty!