Friday, January 16, 2009

THE MULBERRY BUSH

Do you remember this nursery rhyme/children's song? Well, that's what I thought of when I took a picture of this:

Revamped this old desk back in 2006 for Frannie's room. Yup, it's pink alright - Folk Art Baby Pink to be exact, with some Wicker White mixed in to tone it down a notch. Had a Mary Engelbreit image that I enlarged and then traced onto the side and painted.

Hand-painted Frannie's name on top with a scallop border of Apple Green and white polka-dots. :) Created the font in Illustrator and traced it on. And just in case there wasn't enough pink, I found some glass knobs in the perfect color. I also re-did the chair (have I shown you that before?). Same pink with a seat I made (original was wicker that was not repairable). Drew a pattern for a plywood base, covered with foam rubber, batting and fabric. Also made some pink stripe piping to go around the edge. Love the fabric! If you'll notice, the desk is under the wall pockets. Someday I'll show you what I painted on the other side. Oh, yes, I decoupaged and painted the heart switch plate too.

THE MULBERRY BUSH

Here we go round the mulberry bush
The mulberry bush, the mulberry bush
Here we go round the mulberry bush
So early in the morning...

...This is the way we sweep the floor
Sweep the floor, sweep the floor
This is the way we sweep the floor
So early Thursday morning

To view entire Mulberry Bush lyrics, go here.

S.W.A.K.

7 comments:

Kritta22 said...

You are soooooo cool! Can I be Fannie??

Carla said...

So very pretty!! Adore your idea for the wall pockets.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What an eye! And such a happy girl's room. Can I commision you to re-do Amelia's wooden chair?? I really would like to do it all pretty like but I don't think I would be able to do it any justice like the work you do!

PamKittyMorning said...

Super duper cute. I love the whole painted desk and the wall pockets above, very clever!

Crafts a la Mode said...

You have a very sweet pretty blog so I have added you to my favorite blog list And since we both live in CT I thought it wouldn't be a bad thing. Our thermometer was ZERO last night. How about yours?
Linda

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Your daughter must be over the moon happy with this! Beautiful work!
smiles,Deena

Nanette Merrill said...

My gosh this is so darling. How lovely for her and so vintagy cute.