Tuesday, January 27, 2009

THAT'S AMORE

WHEN THE STARS MAKE YOU DROOL
JUST LIKE A PASTA FAGIOLE

Moonstruck is one of my favorite movies and if you've ever seen it you know that the soundtrack features Dean Martin's "That's Amore". One of the reasons I enjoy it so much is because I am an outsider looking in. I have been married to a first generation Italian for just about, well, let's just say a long time, and I can tell you that throughout this time, I have come to know so many of those characters. Okay, maybe the movie is a little exaggerated, but only a little. :) It stars Cher, Danny Aiello, Nicholas Cage, Olympia Dukakis, and Vincent Gardenia to name a few. If you haven't seen it before, the Valentine holiday is the perfect time to do so. Order yourself a pizza, or, better yet, make yourself a big pot of pasta e fagiole, pour a glass of red wine, curl up on the sofa and watch the flick. Mangia!

THAT'S AMORE

When the moon hits you eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore
When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine
That's amore
Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing "Vita bella"
Hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay
Like a gay tarantella

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fagiole
That's amore
When you dance down the street with a cloud at your feet
You're in love
When you walk down in a dream but you know you're not
Dreaming signore
Scuzza me, but you see, back in old Napoli
That's amore

View the entire lyrics here.

S.W.A.K.

3 comments:

Carla said...

That's a great photo. Makes me hungry. I think I saw that movie once. Can't remember. LOL

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Never saw the movie. I think I was a bit young when it came out and had no interest in it. Sounds like I need to add it to my Netflix list.

The soup looks yummy. Now I'm hungry.

Anonymous said...

Morning everyone!

Wow, how cute are those purses! really girlie, perfect for Valentine's Day! Ahhhh!!!!!!!!! I am getting really stressed out over Valentine’s Day already! Last year I was really down, and to compensate I ate A LOT of ice-cream! I really hope this year will be different! Don't you think there is always so much pressure on everyone to "get it right" with Valentine’s Day cards/booking meals way in advance/flowers/gifts... the list goes on!! However, I have found a new way to send greetings, and this all down to my lovely friend Alice. She sent me an e-Card for Christmas, (she was in New Zealand over the festive season) and I thought it was such a cool way to send greetings, I have now been converted! I have trawled the internet and found a really good site called valentine's day e-Cards They have loads of new designs ready for Valentine's Day, with this site you are able to add your own little personal touch but uploading a photo of yourself and placing it onto the e-Card! I loved this idea, and it just makes the card light hearted and adds a little something extra that will make you loved one smile! The best thing about this particular site is that it is totally free, so not only are you saving your pennies on having to buy stamps, but also saving paper and helping the environment! Less trees to be chopped down!
Just wanted to share my thoughts and findings with you all!
Nicole.