Friday, January 30, 2009

WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT

What's love got to do, got to do with it
What's love, but a sweet old fashioned notion

I'll tell you what love's got to do with it, Frannie's modeling her cute new Valentine shirt that was a present from grandma, that's what! She's also showing off my version of the Lemon Meringue apron from A Is For Apron. The fabrics are from Grand Revival Design. It has red rick-rack around the body of the apron and also outlines those really cute pockets (although I'm not sure they're very practical). So wear it when you get take-out. It's really an adult-sized apron, so I had to wrap the ties around Frannie a couple of times. I'd make this one again, but I have to say that even though I enlarged the pattern as directed, it needed more fabric for the body than stated (I'd purchase 3/4 yard - not 1/2), and I also had to cut a second waistband (the first one was not long enough (I needed to add another two inches to the length).

View entire lyrics here.

S.W.A.K.

4 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Adorable! Love the skirt. Lucky Frannie!

birtyboutique0i0 said...

Very cute both shirt and apron. I am going to be making the Waldorf from A is for apron soon. I found the best fabric mom said you would love it. I'll post it asap!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh! Look at that adorable Franny! And your apron is beautiful!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OMG she is just the cutest thing ever!!!!! I love your outfit Frannie!!! Did you get my package?????