Tuesday, September 9, 2008

THERE ARE WINDOW BOXES....

I'll paint and write words on almost anything that isn't nailed down. That's what I did with my window box - love that expression!

AND THEN THERE ARE WINDOW BOXES

How about a new use for an old standard. I have named these "Wall Pockets" and they are better than shelves because you can fill them with lots of things (in this case, stuffed animals) and they won't fall out. I took two used window boxes, painted them with Folk Art baby pink on the outside and apple green on the inside. Then I cut small flowers out of an old Mary Engelbreit calendar and decoupaged them along the scalloped edge of the box. The bottom is black with white polka-dots (what else?). I purchased some unpainted wooden scroll-type brackets at Home Depot, painted them apple green and screwed the wall pockets onto the top of the brackets so they are secure and cannot tip over. They were also securely fastened to the wall. You can't really tell from the photo, but Frannie's room is butter yellow. She has a white iron bed, and the rest of the furniture are pieces that I have painted (mostly baby pink) and then decoupaged and/or written on. More children's room ideas to come! Stay tuned.

S.W.A.K.

DON'T FORGET...


5 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a fabulous idea for window boxes....would work in the sewing room for patterns too I am thinking!! ...or other stuff....looks great.....!

Thimbleanna said...

Those are adorable Marsha

debbie said...

What a great idea!!! Dd has a rather large collection of beanie babies that have out grown their home. That would house a bunch of em'

quilterpolly said...

I love the window boxes. I love the one with the flowers. You need to sell them because see I am not very talented and would love to have a window box like that. You are great:)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Marsha - You are the decoupage QUEEN! I just LOVE that idea of the wall pockets. Those would be perfect in my daughter's new room - once we move her over next Spring. I love it. I'm so going to do some this winter for myself.

Jen