Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A GIRL AND HER PURSES

Here's another easy organization/decorating suggestion for a girl's bedroom: Purchase one of those accordian type wall brackets with the pegs (I got mine at Walmart in the coat hanger aisle). I painted it black and put on those pesky little white polka-dots. Voila!

Oh look! There are a couple more giftie things that Sharon of Red Geranium Cottage made - an adorable little purse that has rick-rack along the top edge and a button on each side of the handle. There's also a yo-yo flower with a button in the middle. It even came with a handmade tag! Frannie loves it - won't take the tag off either - not even when she takes it out to the store! There is also one of Sharon's wristlets - love those fabrics! Thank you again, Sharon.

Here's what the wall bracket looks like when it's full of purses. Well, how about that? There's a polka-dot purse hanging there. Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Frannie can see every purse she has at a glance (well, not everyone - there are probably three times (who's counting) as many as these, but I spread them around the room as part of the decor). What is it about a girl and her purses?

I'm thinking about making another one of these to use as a holder for Frannie's necklaces and bracelets. I'll probably hang it right below her wall pockets - easy for her to reach and plenty of pegs to hold everything. Hey, if you've got this many purses, you know there's going to be a lot of jewelry to go with it. Now if only I can think of a cute solution for those hair ornaments!

S.W.A.K.
KEEP THOSE GUESSES COMING IN!

3 comments:

quilterpolly said...

I use one of those hangers in my bathroom for all my necklaces and braclets. I love it keeps the clutter out...You are so talented. Keep up the great pictures:)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I can use one of those for my own purses! My little girl is just getting into purses. We have four of them, scattered around the house. They hold various items- cars, small brushes, Barbie's shoe... if you're missing anything small at my house, look in Amelia's purse first!

Jen

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great purse rack there but I think my two are the best. LOLOL Just kidding. Ok no I'm not. LOLOL