Monday, September 8, 2008

I DID IT!

I did itI I cut into my Grand Revival Design fabric by Tanya Whelan. I'm making an Amy Butler "Frenchy Bag", remember? This is where it's at:

These are the front and back panels. I opted for beaded fringe. Couldn't help myself. I found the perfect beads at Knitting Central in Westport, CT. The only problem was I couldn't figure out how to attach them without some of the ribbon showing. So, after one try, I decided I didn't like it and took the ribbon off. What I ended up doing was dismantling the beads and sewing each piece of fringe on individually. I still have to do the other panel.

This is what it looks like on the inside of the front panel. I marked off where I wanted to put each piece of fringe, then, using a beading needle and some kind of special beading thread, I restrung each piece and knotted after each addition so if one fell off, the rest would stay put. Yes, it was tedious! But well worth it, I think.

This picture shows the front panel, the piece I cut out for the lining (blue fabric), and the pink and green pin stripe which will be used for the pocket. I can't wait to finish it!

S.W.A.K.

P.S. - Don't forget to enter your guess in the Halloween Contest/Giveaway!

8 comments:

Carla said...

Very pretty!! I love bead fringe and would put it on everything if I could LOL

Carla said...

Forgot to say, I put your cute halloween pic on my blog.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love the bag! Very cute. Can't wait to see it finished.

Jen

quilterpolly said...

I love the bag and can't wait to see it. I have fallen in love with it. I am droolllling over it as I type.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh man! I love your fabric choices. I have that pattern and some much less inspirational fabric. Your beading idea is brilliant and I might have to steal it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh, this is going to be very pretty!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love that bag Marsha and the fabric.

Nancy said...

Really adorable bag. I need to think up a banner so I can win the Halloween contest.