Wednesday, September 24, 2008

SERIOUSLY CUTE STUFF

I made this clothes tree for Frannie when she was just a baby and she hasn't outgrown it yet. I went to one of those big box hardware stores and purchased an unfinished newel post with a ball cap. My husband, Frank, made the base for the clothes tree. The pattern for the base came from the Martha Stewart Magazine way back in 1999, and the pattern is still available today here. They are actually supposed to be wall brackets, but we did our own thing with it. I enlarged the pattern to the appropriate size and Frank traced it onto some wood and cut it out with a jigsaw and sanded it down. He also attached them to the newel post for me. I did the decorative part. Of course, it's Folk Art baby pink, to match the rest of Frannie's room, with yellow, white and black accent colors. I decoupaged tiny black and white striped pieces of paper around the different sections for a little extra zing. Mary Engelbreit paper doll clothes were decoupaged on both the top and bottom. These doll clothes were from her magazine, a new set of clothes is included in each issue - I've kept them all - you never know how you will use these things. I've also used them to decorate a clothes hamper, but that's another post. At the top, Frank attached a clothes hook right over each outfit. I am really happy with the way it turned out and Frannie just loves it! So here are lots of pictures so you can have a really good look at it.

Side 1 - Complete

Side 1 - Top

Side 1 - Bottom

Side 2 - Top

Side 2 - Bottom

Side 3 - Top

Side 3 - Bottom

Side 4 - Top

Side 4 - Bottom

Did I mentioned that there are polka-dots on the top? :)

S.W.A.K.

IT'S 10 PM - DID YOU ENTER YET?
ONLY 6 GUESSING DAY LEFT

4 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Marsha- I would love to see the rest of your house and how it is decorated! You have a great imagination and quite clever with the crafts!

Jen :)

Anonymous said...

You make the cutest things I have ever seen! I love the coat tree!Barb from Ocean waves quilts

Anonymous said...

The clothes tree looks terific. You make the loveliest things.

Dandelion Quilts said...

HOW adorable and creative. You could sell those!