Friday, September 12, 2008

WHERE THIS WOMAN CREATES

Work Space Before

Thought you might be interested to see my workspace. This is a before picture, not today's before picture (it looked much worse than this), just a before picture in general. Today was one of those days where you go looking for something you know you have, but just can't find it. This morning I was trying to finish my "Frenchy Bag" by Amy Butler. I was at the point where I had to insert those magnetic snaps that keep your purse closed. I couldn't find them. So I decided it was time to clean up the work space. I have a big, old, heavy, beat-up desk that I absolutely love with pretty things on the top that are nice to look at, that is when I can see them through all the mess. I like to keep my creative utensils in unusual holders. Love picnic baskets with hinged lids, wooden cigar boxes, metal containers with lids and handles, hat boxes, etc., etc. I keep my rotary cutters in a ceramic bread box that has cherries painted on it, I use a couple of Victorian shaped boots as paintbrush holders, and I have a parade of bunnies that is supposed to hold tea light candles holding vintage spools of thread instead. Next to all that sits a miniature Eiffel Tower that I found at a tag sale, just because. I like apothecary jars because they are great for holding thread and buttons, or just to fill with seasonal candies, like jelly beans or gum drops, just because they are pretty to look at. I'm getting ready to fill several up with candy corn, marshmallow pumpkins, and brown, orange and black M&M's. I'm going to put them on my desk just for inspiration.

Bunny Parade

This is what it looks like when it's clean, too bad it doesn't last very long. Never did find those metal purse snaps. Wherever did I put them?!!

Work Space After

Where do you create?

S.W.A.K.

ENOUGH SAID...

2 comments:

Mary Anne Drury said...

Good girl for tidying up your area!! (at least long enough to take a picture of it!!) I'm getting to that point .... the point where the piles of stuff on top of the piles of stuff has finely begun to cause a "my brain feels CLUTTERED and I can't breathe" feeling .... I really should clean up and organize that stuff .... so I can at least see my cutting table ...... HEY ... you wanna do it for me???? (sorry, old lazy habits die hard ... I used to bribe my little sister to clean up my side of our room!)

Thimbleanna said...

What a fun workspace! I like to put things in boxes/organizers too, but then I can never find anything -- drives me nuts! Love the purses you've been making!!!