Tuesday, September 23, 2008

TOPIARY

I need to take more photos of some recent projects, so for tonight I decided to look in the archives. Look at what I found! It's a spring-time topiary I created for Frannie's kindergarden class (she's in second grade now). Here are the components: Paper punches, pearl headed pins, dowel, clay pot, ribbon, paint, and two styrofoam balls (one on top and one in the pot - holds the dowel in place).

The pot was painted yellow on the inside, pink on the upper edge, and robin's egg blue on the bottom. Mary Engelbreit baby animal images were decoupaged all around.

The flowers on the topiary were made out of three different flower-shaped punches and held in place with pearl headed pins in a variety of colors.

When complete, it was filled with pink shredded crinkle paper and pastel foil wrapped chocolate eggs. It was a big hit!

I forgot to mention that I put polka-dots on it!

S.W.A.K.

STEP RIGHT UP AND TAKE A CHANCE!
ONLY 7 GUESSING DAYS LEFT

3 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Incredible again. You amaze me Marsha. You truly do. I really like the topiary. Makes me want to try one for my house. Is the ME decopage paper or fabric? I think it's great. Very Springy.

Jen :)

quilterpolly said...

your work is absolutely amazing!!! I love all your stuff:)
polly

Thimbleanna said...

Very, very cute Marsha!