Friday, September 26, 2008

A ONE QUILT SHOW

Here's a quilt that I made years ago - except that I only just finished it yesterday. All I had to do was stitch down one more side of binding. So what happened?!! I only know that it ended up folded (as you can see from the lines) and tucked away. I have always loved this quilt. It has a vintage look to it. Now I just need to throw it in the washer and dryer and make it all fluffy and soft. It's not very large - just 50" x 50". Perfect the upcoming chilly nights while watching an oldie but goodie movie on TCM.

I picked this backing fabric just because I liked it.

I'm not bragging, but this quilt is completey hand-pieced and hand-quilted with some old buttons tacked on just for added texture and interest. Hey, look at those stitches! Not bad, if I do say so myself! :) I love to do piecework because it means you don't have to be chained to a machine, but maybe if I had one of them new-fangled ones... Honey, are you reading this? Christmas will be here before you know it. Hint, hint, hint.

S.W.A.K.

HEY, GET YOURSELF OVER HERE AND ENTER!
ONLY 5 GUESSING DAYS LEFT

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

I often wonder why we leave things when they are soooo close to being finished...! It looks lovely....just right for the change of seasons! I am thinking about putting my quilts away as summer approaches....but following that will be autumn.....! Enjoying the sunny days of early spring at the moment....not looking forward to the heat of summer but summer also brings my birthday so something to look forward to!

Thimbleanna said...

It's Beautiful Marsha! I love that bubblegum pink fabric. I also love the clothes tree you made for Frannie!